Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but by how we react to what happens to us. Life should be about pushing yourself beyond your comfort zone and grabbing new opportunities that you might otherwise miss. Push yourself beyond what you or anyone else thinks you are capable of and believe.
Here are 5 reasons that I believe why pushing yourself beyond your limits is important;
- It helps you learn and acquire new skill sets. These skill sets can relate to different areas of your life. They could be people skills, social skills, life skills or any skills relating to a specific task, which are known as hard skills. Pushing beyond our perceived capabilities helps us learn. It gives us valuable experience, which is needed to overcome obstacles in our path.
- Pushing beyond your limits helps improve your self-worth. It will help you understand that you can get through tough situations. It will also give you the ability and strength to try new things and to realise that failure is only a stepping stone towards success.
- It will force you to explore new opportunities and challenges. If you don’t push beyond your limits, you will always stay within your comfort zone and never improve or learn new things. The key difference between a boring, unsatisfying life and one of excitement, success and growth is how willing you are to escape your comfort zone.
- Pushing past your comfort zone helps with success. Remember, failure is just a stepping stone to success. You will find out what works and what doesn’t. As Steve Bloom says: ‘The only thing stopping you from reaching your goals and dreams are your limits’.
- Going beyond your perceived limits can open new doors for you and help you become mentally stronger. Unfortunately, most of us have limiting beliefs which influence our performance. By pushing beyond those limits, we can influence our choices and actions, enabling us to grow and evolve. Adopting a mindset that says we can surpass the limits we’ve set for ourselves will help us improve.
Are you willing to escape your comfort zone, that place where you are content to be? If you can push beyond the contentment and strive for something more you will eventually feel the excitement and success of growth. This will ultimately take you to a completely new dimension, one you didn’t know existed.
“The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.”
~Arthur C. Clarke
About the author : CarolC
I invite you to subscribe to my blog which provides snippets from my journey and my thoughts on overcoming adversity, what motivation and commitment can do for your life and how to achieve those dreams you've got tucked away.
Keep up with Carol
Receive occasional emails & news from Carol direct to your inbox.