So often we hear people talk about the winning mindset of elite athletes and we ask how they do it. What makes someone become a multiple winner and what do we need to become like them. There are five key qualities of successful athletes that we can all learn from; Persistence – always willing to continue to improve, Positiveness – finding at least one positive out of a negative or failure, Humility – remaining hungry to keep improving, Vulnerability – knowing that you can always learn from failure and Lack of Regrets – knowing that you have done everything that you could to achieve your goal.
Here are 5 ways to create a winning mindset:
- Visualise success, this will help you keep your eyes on the task at hand.
- Learn mindfulness techniques whether this be through meditation, breath work, mental strength training or calming rituals, as this will help to eliminate self-doubt and build confidence
- Change your way of thinking – where you see a problem, see a challenge, if you feel a burden, see it as an opportunity
- Believe in yourself and not your fears. Think about what you are fearful of today, will it be a big deal in a years’ time?
- Feed your mind with positive thoughts because the more you do this the more you will attract wonderful things into your life.
If you decide to feed and improve your mind it will help to put you in a more positive mindset and will help your reap wonderful rewards in the rest of your life.
As Jim Rohn said,” Feed your mind just as you do your body. Feed it with good ideas, wherever they can be found. Always be on the lookout for a good idea; a business idea, a product idea, a service idea, an idea for personal improvement. Every new idea will help to refine your philosophy. Your philosophy will guide your life, and your life will unfold with distinction and pleasure.”