Have you ever had a friend that you wondered why you were friends? I think that we all have or had people in our lives that probably shouldn’t be or been. It is hard to sometimes end a relationship, especially if you have been friends for a long time. However sometimes it is very necessary to do just that, end it and move on.
So here are 6 types of people that you don’t really want or need in your life. Some of these traits may just suck the life right out of you! Now keep in mind these are only my thoughts
- The Victim – This is a person who believes that the world is against them. They are always the ones who get hurt or think they do, emotionally and physically, and always want someone to come to their rescue. They will always be complaining about something that has been done to them, never taking responsibility or blaming others. This is a person who will always want you to be there to care or protect them.
- The Needy – Always wanting you to be there for you in matter what time of the day it is. This person just seems to never be able to do things on their own! They also can’t make a decision on their own, always wanting you to tell them what to do. This person takes a lot of your time and attention and can make you feel exhausted.
- The Controller – This person loves to control everything! They are very demanding and want you to do it their way. No other way is good enough and they don’t even want to discuss it. They may even try to control your other relationships by saying seemingly inoffensive things about another friend in order to have power and control over those relationships. We all need friends who will be happy to accept that sometimes there are different ways to do things and that it is good to have other friends as well.
- The Pessimist – The glass is always half empty, the grass is never greener on the other side and they are always looking at the negative in a situation. This person can literally suck the life out of you. If you keep people like this in your life their negativity will be transferred to you. Wouldn’t it be a better life to find at least something positive, even if something bad has happened? If you have a terrible day the last thing you need to think is that tomorrow will be the same. If you think this way, it will!
- The Critic – Never has anything nice to say to you. No matter what you are doing or saying they will criticise you. This can pull you down mentally and make you feel bad about yourself. You need to chuck these people out, look in the mirror and tell yourself how good you really are.
- The Attention Seeker – Always wanting to be the one in the limelight, they crave attention. If that comes at the behest of someone else’s crisis even better! They will always be the one who is the bearer of the bad news to the rest of the world, but not in regard to concern for the person affected but to put themselves out there as the ‘go to’ person for information, like they are saving the day. They will also try and embellish a story to gain praise, sympathy or adoration.
Life is too short to have people like these in your life. There are so many people out there who can be true friends, to share your losses, sadness, triumphs, celebrations, and everything else in between. And rest assured if you are in my life at this moment you are not one of those people!! So make sure that your friends are true friends and as hard as it may be get rid of those so called friends who consume your energy.
“Loyalty is the mask of fake friends and reality is the face of true friends” ~ Sir P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar
About the author : CarolC
I invite you to subscribe to my blog which provides snippets from my journey and my thoughts on overcoming adversity, what motivation and commitment can do for your life and how to achieve those dreams you've got tucked away.
Keep up with Carol
Receive occasional emails & news from Carol direct to your inbox.