I often wonder why we are so bad at celebrating our success. Ben Renshaw, a director of the Happiness Project and Success Intelligence says that “One average by the age of eighteen we will have been praised and encouraged 30,000 times – and most of this by the time we are three.” Somewhere along the way, we stop celebrating…Why? Is it because we are self-conscious of big noting ourselves, or do we not think that we deserve to celebrate? Below are 7 reasons why I believe it is important to celebrate even the little successes in life, those small stepping stones to your goals.
- Celebrating your success makes you focus on the positive. Being positive has been proven to create happiness, motivation, self-esteem, better health and better relationships.
- Celebrating can also be a powerful motivator. The success you celebrate will motivate you to keep on going.
- Celebrating your success can develop a successful mindset. It will help you see that if you put your mind to something it can be accomplished, even if it is that first step.
- Celebrating can inspire others. Showing others that you have succeeded lets them know what can be possible.
- Celebrating your success makes you feel good. And it is great to feel good!
- Celebrating helps you to learn and adapt. You can see what has worked well for you so you can adapt your success in other areas of your life.
- Celebrating your success helps you boost your confidence.
So at the end of each week write a list of all the things you accomplished, even the smallest of successes. It will show you how awesome you really are. Then plan to celebrate, even if it is just having a day to yourself to relax, read a book or go for a long walk on the beach…even those are celebrations especially in this very fast paced world.
‘The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate’.